The latest information, resources, and guidance related to coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Women’s Health Texas, we are dedicated to providing our patients with the most up-to-date information on the continued spread of COVID-19 and how that affects our patients and our providers. This page will be updated regularly as new information comes in.
At this time we will continue to see patients at our offices and are actively screening each patient to ensure they do not expose our office or patient community to any illness (coronavirus, flu, or other active viruses). To limit exposure, we will continue to restrict visitors (including children) from accompanying patients in the office, maintain social distancing in our waiting area and clinic space, and require a face-covering throughout your visit. For those of you who may have an OB or GYN health issue that is problematic but not urgent, the best place for you to seek care is within our offices. Please contact us prior to heading to any walk-in clinic or ER. Learn more about what women should know about COVID-19.
Women’s Health Texas practices will now offer Spruce Health, a telemedicine service that will allow our patients the ability to reach their physician for non-urgent ObGyn needs over video chat. Telemedicine appointments must be scheduled by calling the office, just as a regular appointment. The office will let you know if they are ready to accept telemedicine appointments. If you have questions regarding telemedicine, click here, to review our telemedicine Q and A.
To start using Spruce, you must have an invitation link. This special link tells Spruce which practice you’ll communicate with once you’re on the app. Typically our doctor will send the invitation link via a text message or by email. To get the link, you can call your doctor’s office, or find your practices’ link here.
Here are the steps to set up your Spruce account:
- Because Spruce is a mobile app, you must accept the invitation from your mobile phone. After finding and click your practice link (found here), insert your phone number to receive an invitation text.
- Open the text message that contains the invitation link. The link usually looks like care/_______. Click the link.
- Your mobile phone’s internet browser will open to a Spruce webpage. Select Get the App & Connect. This will take you to the iOS App Store or Google Play, depending on your phone.
- Select the Spruce – Care Messenger app and download. Once the download is complete, open the Spruce app on your phone and select Continue when prompted.
- Select Create a new account, and enter your personal mobile phone number. You will receive a verification code via text message. (If you do not receive a verification code within five minutes, delete the app and start again from step one.)
- On the next screen, enter the verification code, select Next, and enter your profile information to complete your setup. You can begin messaging with your provider once you have completed these steps!